The Truth Pre Amp
- It has an input impedance too high to measure, output impedance is a couple
ohms, bandwidth is to 60Mhz, slew rate is a couple hundred V/microsecond.
- There are no capacitors or resistors in the signal path. There is no potentiometer
in the signal path.
- It uses photo cells to control the volume. It does not use optocouplers.
- It is an "active" device and suffers none of the "problems" that "passive
volume control/pre amps" have. It can drive long (30 feet) cables with ease.
- I've had parts of this circuit run for >10 years without failure.
- As far as I know there is nothing like it available for any price.....I
could be wrong but I doubt it. I looked "pretty hard and long".
- The price in a painted Aluminum enclosure is $975 shipping included.
Extra inputs are 40 dollars. Remote adds 250 dollars.
- Please call me with any questions........also, there are a couple threads
on my forum which may be of interest.